MetLife Foundation Creativity and Aging Technical Assistance Grant
A Technical Assistance Grant provides monetary support to develop an arts and aging program in three areas: Lifelong Learning, Health and Wellness, and Community Engagement. Each grant in the amount of $5,000 will support:
Mentorship: Your site will bring one of the MetLife Foundation Leadership Award Winners to provide onsite technical assistance. Leadership Award Winners were chosen in the categories of: Lifelong Learning, Health and Wellness, or Community Engagement. The Leadership Award Winner will mentor senior staff and will help train staff, partnering organizations, and community members in developing an arts program in their setting.
Best Practice Forum: A half-day forum bringing together programs, organizations, individuals and community partners dedicated to arts, education, health, social work, and aging in the community.
In order to apply, an organization must:
- Hold independent 501(c)3 federal tax exempt status. Organizations operating under the fiscal sponsorship of another agency are not eligible.
- Have an annual organizational budget of at least $150,000.
- Be a current NCCA Organizational Member.
- The program does not fund:
- Private Sector Organization
- Organizations selected must demonstrate the capacity to develop an arts and aging program in their setting with sustainability of the program as a goal.
- Competitive applications will demonstrate:
- Rationale or need for this arts program
- Application is clear and sets realistic goals
- Organization and staff are prepared for consultancy
- Organization has the capacity to move the project forward
- *Organizational Budgets include program budget and all related operational income and expense.
APPLICATION REVIEW & PROCESS:
The application deadline is 5:00 PM ET June 1, 2012. Late applications will not be considered.
Application Format and Submission Guidelines:
Application Sections 1-4 will only be accepted via email. You may, however, mail attachments.
Proposals should be written using a 12-point font (Times New Roman or similar), one-inch margins on all sides, and pages should be numbered. Combine the below-listed documents into a single Word (.doc) file and email it as an attachment to: Katie Fitzgerald, email@example.com. You may send Section IV: Required Attachments by mail if need be.
Applications must include the following documents in the order listed:
Section I: Executive Summary
Section II: Narrative (No more than 2 single-spaced pages)
Section III: Finances (see below for more information
- Organizational Budget
- Project Budget should not include the $5,000 award, which should only be used to support mentorship costs and forum costs.
Section IV: Required Attachments:
- A copy of your current IRS tax-exempt determination letter. If tax-exempt status is pending, provide an explanation of application status.
- A one-page organizational chart.
- Short biographies (no more than ½ page) of key staff and volunteers essential to the success of this project.
- Annual report, if available.
- Letter of support from partner organization
Download the Application (click the blue link to download)
Email: Katie Fitzgerald, Kfitzgerald@creativeaging.org
National Center for Creative Aging
4125 Albemarle Street, NW
Washington, DC 20016