Dr. Gene D. Cohen Research Award in Creativity and Aging
Apply or Nominate Someone for the Gene D. Cohen Research Award in Creativity and Aging!
The Gene D. Cohen Award, sponsored by the National Center for Creative Aging (NCCA), recognizes and honors the seminal work of Dr. Gene Cohen, whose research in the field of creativity and aging has shifted the conceptual focus from a problem paradigm to one of promise and potential. Dr. Cohen has inspired us to approach longevity asking what wonders can be achieved, not in spite of age, but because of age. The award is presented annually to a professional whose research in the field of creativity and aging demonstrates these positive attributes.
- Presented annually at the GSA Annual Scientific Meeting at the Arts and Humanities Reception, the award consists of the following:
- Travel and lodging (limit to $1,000) to attend the GSA Annual Scientific Meeting
- GSA Annual Scientific Meeting Registration
- A program profile included in GSA's Annual meeting Program, which will be distributed to attendees and postedon the ASA website.
- Recognition on the NCCA website
- Recognition by peers at an awards presentation
- Press release
Award nomination is open to any individual who has produced research that demonstrates the benefits of creativity in arts including but not limited to visual arts, music, dance, drama, writing and multi media. Nominees should demonstrate leadership and contributions in the field of creativity and aging through research.
July 1, 2012
- A formal nomination letter
- A brief statement (maximum 500 words) detailing how the nominee meets the criteria of the award
- Research Abstract
- Peer review articles or other related documents
- Up to 2 letters of support
In order to nominate someone for the Gene D. Cohen Award in Creativity and Aging, please send your nomination packet to email@example.com with the subject of “Gene D. Cohen Award Nomination – NOMINEE NAME HERE.” Please remember to substitute your nominee’s name in the subject.
Past Award Receipients
Dr. Bruce Miller - 2012
Dr. Barry Bittman - 2011
Drs. Helga and Tony Noice - 2010