Elizabeth Serkin is a lifelong seeker of learning and earned her PhD in feminist social gerontology at the age of 66. At the age of 68, she married "her last and best husband," who was 89. Her husband, now 91, goes to work every day.
What We Do
- The NCCA Creative Caregiving Initiative
- ENGAGE: State Communities of Practice in Arts, Health, and Aging
- Grantmakers' Partnership Project | MetLife Foundation
- Veterans’ Affairs Medical Center Community Living Center
- Washington DC Area Geriatric Education Center Consoritum
- Creativity and Aging in America Program Directory
- Beautiful Minds | Finding Your Lifelong Potential, sponsored by Life'sDHA
- Gene D. Cohen, M.D., Ph.D., Research Award in Creative Aging
- MetLife Foundation Creativity and Aging in America Initiative Leadership Award Program; Technical Assistance Grants and Speakers/Consultant Bureau
NCCA continues to collaborate with national, regional, and local organizations on a variety of publications, research projects, advocacy programs and strategic planning projects in an effort to further this fast-growing field.